Friday, April 11, 2008

A Story About An Old Movie Theatre

I was thinking about a place that my mom used to take me to when I was little and then I happened to see this writing prompt about an old movie theatre and I immediately new what to write about. Ever happened to you if so please share!



Something is different about this morning usually it's a quick brisk walk as the sun starts to rise. Thinking only about the past days events and what I should have done or about the things that need to be done. But, this morning is different I feel as if there is more of a purpose to my stroll so I decide to walk a little longer and further. Then the cold wind starts to send a chill through my bones, so I tug at my light blue sweater which I really haven't noticed in years. I start to wish I would have worn something warmer for my detour, but this will "have to do," I say to myself.

As I embrace the still so soft cotton against my skin I hear someone call my name. I know that it would be unusual to have anyone around at this time, so naturally I am a little startled. I turn all ways to look if I see anyone and as expected there is no one. However, I do take notice of the old movie theater that my mother used to take me to when I was a little girl. It occurred to me at that moment that I rarely glanced that way any longer, but then again I hadn't taken notice of a lot of things in my past especially when it came to memories of my mother. Read where this story goes...

No comments: